Fix Firefox for Netflix (or DRM issues)

Here is a quick tip that helped me a lot.

In Fedora I was not able to watch Netflix with Firefox. But I was able to do it with Chrome.

What I found is that, because I moved from one operating system to another and basically kept my home folder intact the SELinux was preventing some of the Firefox extensions to run properly.

The fix for that was to run the following in your home folder (/home/$USER or $HOME):

restorecon -vR $HOME

This will restore default SELinux security context for all the files under your home folder.

Comments

Unknown said…
We missed your tutorials on Youtube, sir.
Dear Unknown,

I missed YouTube too. But it seems that, currently I can not reserve any of my free time for that. I've started to work for a new studio, may be later on things will settle down for me so I can return back one day...

Best,
Unknown said…
Thank you for letting us know